Friends of Theo
Opening a store is a big deal for a little label like us so we thought we'd share the journey with a handful of other small businesses that share our vision! We looked far and wide for beautifully made products that would be perfect for a minimal lifestyle and be thoughtful, valued, handmade wares that compliment Theo clothing. It was essential for these guys to match our aesthetic but also our ethics so that we could happily say 'we know who makes this stuff!'
Below is a list of Australian small businesses that make incredible products you can now find in our Theo store! We'll be telling the stories behind each business and product over the coming months, so stay in touch via our VIP list to get notified when new products are available.
- PEGGY & FINN Men's fashion accessories made from reclaimed Australian timber by Olly in Torquay, Victoria
- BEAUTY BY ZEN SPACE Organic face mists created with essential oils by Christina in West Footscray, Victoria.
- ONE ANOTHER Unique homewares hand-woven/embroidered by artisans in collectives in India, Nepal, South Africa, Uganda & Central America providing safe, stable employment with fair pay.
- SIMPLE RETREAT CANDLES 100% Natural soy wax candles hand-poured and assembled by Tanya in Ballarat, Victoria.
- NOTELY stationery created entirely from post-consumer waste that is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified using carbon-neutral and chlorine-free processes. Designed and made in Australia, managed by Founder Jenica in Brisbane, Queensland.
- CAMINO GOODS handwoven homewares crafted by families in Mexico, sourced face-to-face by Bec in Abbotsford, Victoria.
- JACK BY SAM Original U-bar necklaces made by Sam in Melbourne, Victoria.
- BLACKINKK Minimal wallets made of kangaroo leather by Varun in Underwood, Queensland.
- FORGET ME KNOT Macrame succulent hangers made by Amy in Melbourne, Victoria.
- OUTLAND DENIM Jeans that fight slavery made by survivors of trafficking in Cambodia.
- RA RA STUDIO Hand formed one-of-a-kind ceramics made by Alyçia in Northcote, Victoria.
- LEISURECRAFT Leather goods made by Spencer in St. Kilda, Victoria.
- EDEN MINISTRIES Jewellery crafted by women recovering from the darkness of Asia's red light districts.
- LORÉ LORÉ KNITWEAR Manually knitted headwear and accessories made by Lorena in Pascoe Vale, Victoria.
- CONFORM STUDIOS Hand poured concrete planters made by Matt in Hawthorn, Victoria.
- MEEK & VALIANT Original lettering prints by Aura in Melbourne, Victoria.
- POLAROID SOUP Leather bowties made by Anna in Glen Huntly, Victoria.
- OHME LEATHER GOODS Raw, vegetable-tanned kangeroo wallets made by Liam in Brunswick, Victoria.
- HOMELEA LASS Australian chunky wool scarves & DIY kits made by Lynda in Sydney, New South Wales.
- WAH.WORKS Reclaimed timber servingware made by Polly in Belgrave, Victoria.
- LA SIERRA ALPACA Hand-loomed alpaca scarves and throws from families in Ecuador, South America.
Find all these goodies and more at:
SOUTH MELBOURNE MARKET
So:Me Space (Stall 154)
322-326 Coventry Street
South Melbourne, 3205
Or visit the Google maps link here.